Sunday, October 12, 2008

Remain in Me

 John 15:4 says "Remain in me, and I will remain in you."

I am pretty sure that I memorized this verse as a little girl, but tonight it pulled at my heart while I was reading it. Jesus tells us to remain in HIM.. so simple, yet I know I make it so complicated. I let life get in the way and push Jesus aside. I try to figure out the solutions to all my problems on my own. Why is remaining in Him such a struggle? Don't get me wrong. It's not at all like I don't want to have this amazing relationship with Christ, but I feel like just lately I have really developed a passion to remain in Him daily. 

Throughout chapter 15 it goes on to talk about how we are like the branches used to make fires if we are not in Him. We are absolutely nothing without Him. Why is it so hard to grasp? Why does our pride get so in the way? 

Tonight when Beau was teaching I felt like I was on overload with everything the Lord was speaking to me. The thing that so spoke to me was when he spoke about read Proverbs 16:9.
It says: "In his heart a mean plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." So powerful. Knowing that the Lord, the King over all, is determining the steps I take is so incredible. The way that makes me feel is beyond words. But... we have to remain in Him so that when He is directing us, we can hear Him clearly, and listen. So many times I have thought I was hearing the Lord, but really it was something I wanted to do.

My prayer right now is that Jesus would make me everything He wants me to be. That I would not be in the way of what He has in store for me. That I would remain in Him daily. That my life would overflow with His love. That doors would be open, and I would have the courage to step through them. That my eyes and focus would be sole on Jesus that I don't care what is going on around me. That the only thing I would depend on is Him. He would be the very first person I run to in times of sorrow, hurt, and happiness. That HE would be my everything.


2 comments:

Kym said...

I love you!

Sharalyn said...

Very good - I love Prov 16:9 too! While we're not in control, we can rest assured that God is!