Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wisdom

Pastor Mark just finished a series called "Come Apart or Come Apart." This past month has been incredible. I feel like every week something in the service applies directly to what I have been dealing with. My walk has not been as strong as it needs to be lately. Being back from school, I am still trying to get plugged back in to small groups at church. I need to find that accountability I had at school. The messages that have been given lately have really challenged me. I had become so comfortable where I was at with the Lord. I was not seeking after him everyday. 

After the service this past Sunday, God really lit a fire under my butt. I want to know him so much more. I don't want to be satisfied where I am in my walk right now. I needed to re-evaluate my life and make him my number one priority once again. 

I have been thinking a lot about the future. Where I'll be. Who I'll be with. What I'll be doing. God has really showed me that I need to be completely submerged in him. How can I be ready to be in a serious relationship if I can't even keep my relationship with him consistent. So thats what I am working on. Not for the purpose of hoping a relationship will be soon to come after, but because I can't be in the center of his will if I am not seeking after him. 
I have been reading Proverbs over this week, and I feel like I've tore it up. There is so much meat in every chapter. 

I have really been praying that the Lord would make me a woman of wisdom. In Proverbs 2, it talks about turning your ear to wisdom, applying your heart to understanding, calling out for insight, crying out for understanding, and then gaining the knowledge of God. Thats what I want! I want to know him so much more than I do. I want to become more in love with him. I want to radiate him in everything I do. 

So there it is. Thats my life in a nutshell over the past couple weeks. I hope you found this encouraging. 

"Blessed is the man watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway." - Proverbs 8:34

1 comment:

Joe Sewell said...

You're well on your way to wisdom, Tiph. Consider †his:

And he said to man, 'The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.' " - Job 28:28

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. - Psalm 111:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. - Proverbs 1:7

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. - Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor. - Proverbs 15:33

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure. - Isaiah 33:6

- Joe (a CCM friend)